The end is near. BoyGenius (BG) wants to take his driving road test. GULP.
I do not want him to take this test. Why? Here are a few reasons….actually, here are some things he has said while practising his driving with me. [I am NOT making this stuff up]
What you do NOT want to hear when your 16-year-old son is learning to drive:
1. [Spoken while shoulder checking]…”You know, mom, when I’m shoulder checking, I’m just turning my head around. I’m not looking at anything.”
2. [After cruising through a 4-way-stop in our neighbourhood WITHOUT stopping]….”Was I supposed to stop there? My bad.”
3. [His cell phone rings. Yep, he answers it!!]…”Hello? Sorry, I can’t talk right now. I’m driving. Peace out.” [The peace does go out at that moment as I start yelling at him about answering his phone!]
4. [At a major intersection, we are first in the left turning lane. The light is RED] …”Can I go now?”
5. [During one of our many practice sessions] …”When are you and dad going to buy me a car?” [I pretty much laugh out loud at this one]
6. [After I laugh about him asking for a car]…”There is no point in me practising my driving if you’re not buying me a car!”
7. [During an angry silence]…”You know, when I get my own car, you will have no control over me, and you won’t know where I am.” [Well then. Now we will DEFINITELY buy him a car.]
8. [After I correct a number of the above mistakes]…”Stop telling me what to do! I know how to drive!!”
|I’ll stop telling him how to drive when he figures out what this sign means!|
The REALLY scary thing?? I know there LOTS more teenage boys out there driving who are just like him!
After I post this blog, I’m going to dye my hair, which has now gone completely grey.
And then I’m going to slash the tires on my minivan…