@kellycreates #brushlettering #brushcalligraphy #handlettering #guide #learn #worksheets #practice #script

When I began practising brush lettering and calligraphy last summer, I fell in love. I quickly became entranced by the movement of the pen across the paper. The deliberate, slow motion of drawing letter forms brings me a sense of calm and relaxation.

Brush lettering is my escape from the busy world of technology and has become a wonderful new way for me to express my creativity.

And of course, I began thinking about how to share this beautiful art form with others. I designed some basic tracing worksheets, taught a workshop to a handful of women locally, and started to share online via Instagram and Periscope.

After teaching my workshop, I quickly realized that the tracing worksheets are an essential tool that helps people understand how to draw the letter forms and build muscle memory.

So I decided to design a more refined set, including important drills, as part of my teaching toolbox. Then an idea struck! After seeing my brush lettering online, the overwhelming response was “How can I learn to do this?” and “Do you have a guide, an e-book or videos?” These positive responses have motivated me to share my brush lettering practice worksheets online.

I have added a SHOP on my website, and you will see the tab at the top.  You can also click on the tab “Learn Brush Lettering” as well and read more about the worksheets.

I’m so excited to share the beautiful art of brush lettering and hope you enjoy your lettering journey as much as I do!

Here is a quick video introducing my Brush Lettering Worksheets:

I have more brush lettering worksheets coming….with Capital (Uppercase) letters, words, phrases… and more! I also am developing some instructional videos to accompany the worksheets. Coming soon….

Happy Crafting….. and happy Brush Lettering!

10 Comments on Learn Brush Lettering! Practice Worksheets Now Available

1. Elizabeth
    March 30, 2016 at 3:04 pm (7 months ago)

So exciting! Your brush lettering is gorgeous. The time & efforts you took to create the practice sheets, appreciated. You were one of the first people I connected with on Periscope & hope to meet you & Finn in person one day!

• Kelly Klapstein
      March 30, 2016 at 4:46 pm (7 months ago)

Elizabeth! Thank you so much. I have enjoyed spending time with you on Periscope as well. xox

2. Sarah
    March 30, 2016 at 9:33 pm (7 months ago)

These are amazing! I have been practicing like crazy. Can’t wait for the upper case letters too.

3. Katrina
    April 1, 2016 at 1:08 pm (7 months ago)

How do I print your worksheets?

• Kelly
      April 1, 2016 at 2:34 pm (7 months ago)

Hi Katrina! You can click on the SHOP at the top menu or LEARN BRUSH LETTERING tab at the top. There you will receive instructions on how to get the download. The two sets are available for purchase in my “SHOP”. Let me know if you need any help. Thanks!

4. Maureen Reiss
    April 7, 2016 at 9:57 am (7 months ago)

Thanks so much Kelly!!

5. Cathy Cosgrove
    April 21, 2016 at 11:49 am (6 months ago)

Fantastic job, Kelly. I purchased the bundle and am so happy with it. Brush lettering is on my “I’ve Got to Learn How to Do This” list and I know that your sheets will make the learning process fun!

6. Marshall
    May 7, 2016 at 2:48 pm (6 months ago)

I am loving your worksheets. They really help with where to put pressure on the pen and where to let up.

Do you have a single sheet with the upper and lower case letters on it available as a reference? That would be really helpful for when I feel ready to do the letters freehand, but need to remember what each one looks like.

• Kelly
      May 9, 2016 at 8:44 am (6 months ago)

Hi Marshall, Because of your comment, I am going to develop that reference sheet and send it to customers who have signed up for my newsletter. Thanks for the great idea! love it!

• Marshall
        May 9, 2016 at 5:19 pm (6 months ago)

So cool … I can’t wait! Thanks!